Senior UX Designer
Sliced Bread Design is on the lookout for a Senior UX Designer, employee or contract. You’ll design for a variety of products and industries alongside a crew of seasoned, passionate colleagues (and three chickens).
We are a boutique user experience design agency working on interesting, complex human/tech interaction problems. Our philosophy is user-centered to the core: we’re constantly talking to users and testing our designs. Since we’re a small shop, many of us take on multiple roles (user research, client work, and creative direction).
Here’s what will make a good match:
- Your portfolio shows examples of complex interaction design problems you’ve solved. We’re looking for detailed design work on rich applications (for example, searches, dashboards, or transactional flows).
- You’re smart and motivated. You get up to speed quickly, and you like thinking through tough design problems.
- You’re comfortable with all phases of the design process, from concept creation and quick sketches through detailed interactive wireframes and testing with users.
- You live in the greater Bay Area. Ideally, you live close enough to Mountain View, CA to join us in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- This is not an entry-level design job; you need to have worked in this field for 5+ years.
If this describes you, we’re guessing you’ve got options. So what makes Sliced Bread special? We combine a single-minded passion for doing high-quality design with a uniquely flexible working environment. Our world headquarters is a sunny, friendly home office where we all work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; the rest of the week, we collaborate remotely from wherever we like. Katrina Alcorn, designer and author of Maxed Out: American Moms on the Brink, sums us up well: “Everyone is just focused on doing great work, and doing it efficiently so they can enjoy their lives.”
Sound like a good fit? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your portfolio, resume, your rate/salary requirements and availability.